Enhance your operating efficiencies and the value of your commercial real estate property.
CLA can help you improve your operations to manage expenses, reduce taxes, meet investor and tenant expectations, and prepare for what’s next.
What’s on your mind?
- Improving net operating income (NOI) and investor returns
- Maximizing tax benefits (e.g., repairs, landscaping, HVAC system upgrades)
- Managing the budget, minimizing expenses, and maximizing cash flow
- Taking advantage of tax reform benefits (e.g., Opportunity Zones)
- Refinancing and accessing property equity
- Planning for new tenants and property upgrades/repurpose
- Transaction support (i.e., 1031 like-kind exchange, Delaware statutory trust)
- Structuring lease and rent arrangements
Create opportunities with CLA
Whether you own or operate an affordable housing complex, hotel, industrial warehouse, or other commercial real estate property, we can provide timely deliverables on a budget that works for you. Our real estate industry team of CPAs, consultants, and wealth advisors serve more than 5,200 clients nationwide in all phases of the real estate investment lifecycle. From accessing and raising capital for a new asset opportunity, to helping you sell your property for the greatest value, CLA can help you move faster forward.
Services for owners and operators of real estate
Audit, accounting, and assurance
- Asset-based accounting
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and Common Interest Realty Association (CIRA) audits
- Employee benefit plans
- Property management accounting and implementation of new standards (e.g., lease accounting and revenue recognition)
- CAM allocations
- Cost certifications
- Feasibility studies
- Fund structuring, administration, and consulting, including waterfall compliance and calculations
- Litigation support
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives (Opportunity Zones, Energy Efficient Home Credit, Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction, low-income housing, R&D, New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit)
- Cost segregation studies
- Qualified business income planning (Section 199A)
- Repairs and maintenance studies
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges and Delaware statutory trusts (DSTs)
- State and local tax (including sales, use, and income tax)
- Tangible property review
- Tax planning and preparation services (e.g., Partnerships, S-corporations, and REITs)
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Private real estate investment fund consulting
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.