CLA’s deep experience and seamless capabilities offer significant opportunities to help reduce your tax liability and optimize returns on 1031 like-kind exchanges.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding what qualifies as like-kind property
- Changing real estate markets and economic forces
- Accessing capital
- Building and structuring real estate investments
- Taking advantage of tax reform (including Opportunity Zones)
- Minimizing taxes
- Planning for business succession and retirement
Create opportunities with CLA
Section 1031 like-kind exchanges are a tax deferral strategy for real estate owners, developers, investors, and closely held businesses. Under IRC Section 1031 (as modified by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017), a real estate owner can defer taxation on gains realized from the sale of appreciated property used to acquire “like-kind” property (which can include an interest in a Delaware Statutory Trust (DST)).
CLA professionals work as a seamless team, drawing on deep knowledge and experience in real estate, tax, investment management, and related capabilities to integrate 1031 like-kind exchanges into your portfolio of tax-advantaged investment options.
1031 like-kind exchange services
- Business succession planning
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Credits and Incentives
- Customized portfolio solutions, including Opportunity Zone funds
- Family office services
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives
- Investment management
- Outsourced accounting
- Private client tax, including estate and gift planning
- Retirement planning
InsightsSee All Insights
Media coverage 3/13/2023CLA’s Clayton Bland Speaks With Fortune on Investing in the S&P 500
Media coverage 3/2/2023CLA’s Faust Shares Tax Strategies for Financial Planning
Media coverage 1/11/2023Navigating Market Volatility With Roboadviser Lacks Personal Touch?
Article 12/23/2022How Nonprofits Can Fight Inflation and Economic Downturns at the Same Time
Article 12/8/20222023 Economic Outlook: Stay the Course
Article 11/11/2022Is This the Year to Convert Your Traditional IRA to a Roth?
EventsSee All Events
Webinar 4/19/20232023 Economic Outlook — Second Quarter Update
Event 3/30/2023Coffee Chat – ESG Compliance Considerations
Event 3/28/20232023 Denver Government and Nonprofit Training Academy
Brian BuffieManaging Director Wealth Advisory