CLA’s deep experience and seamless capabilities offer significant opportunities to help reduce your tax liability and optimize returns on 1031 like-kind exchanges.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding what qualifies as like-kind property
- Changing real estate markets and economic forces
- Building and structuring real estate investments
- Taking advantage of tax reform (including Opportunity Zones)
- Minimizing taxes
- Planning for business succession and retirement
Create opportunities with CLA
Section 1031 like-kind exchanges are a tax deferral strategy for real estate owners, developers, investors, and closely held businesses. Under IRC Section 1031 (as modified by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017), a real estate owner can defer taxation on gains realized from the sale of appreciated property used to acquire “like-kind” property (which can include an interest in a Delaware Statutory Trust (DST)).
CLA professionals work as a seamless team, drawing on deep knowledge and experience in real estate, tax, investment management, and related capabilities to integrate 1031 like-kind exchanges into your portfolio of tax-advantaged investment options.
1031 like-kind exchange services
- Business succession planning
- Credits and Incentives
- Customized portfolio solutions, including Opportunity Zone funds
- Family office services
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives
- Investment management
- Outsourced accounting
- Private client tax, including estate and gift planning
- Retirement planning
InsightsSee All Insights
News release 2/6/2024CLA Signs 16-Year Lease in Viking Lakes Campus
White paper 2/1/2024CLA Promise and Transparency Report
News release 1/26/2024CLA is Recognized as a Great Place To Work® for the Third Consecutive Year
Article 12/6/20235 Year-End Tax Planning Strategies Investors May Benefit From
Video 11/6/2023Year-End Financial Planning: Moves to Make Now
EventsSee All Events
Event 5/7/2024 – 5/9/2024Business Owner Workshop: Building Enterprise Value
Webinar 4/24/20242024 Economic Outlook — Second Quarter Update
Event 3/26/20242024 Denver Government and Nonprofit Training Academy
Webinar 3/21/2024Putting Cash to Work for Your Nonprofit