When you hire people from targeted categories and employ them for at least 120 hours, you can reduce your federal tax liability by up to $9,600 per eligible employee.
Current law allows claims on qualified employees hired through December 31, 2025. It also expands eligibility to include those who have been unemployed for a long period.
WOTC at work
You don’t have to figure out the filing on your own. Watch our short WOTC video to see how CLA can assess and identify qualified applicants for free. You only pay us for getting the candidates qualified on your behalf.
- Long-term unemployment recipients (27 consecutive weeks or more)
- Short-term Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Qualified veteran (discharged from active duty within one year of hire date)
- Disabled veteran
- Unemployed disabled veteran
- Unemployed veteran (four weeks)
- Unemployed veteran (six months)
- Qualified ex-felon
- Designated resident of a Rural Renewal County or Empowerment Zone (EZ)
- Vocational rehabilitation referral
- Food stamp recipient (Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient
- Long-term family assistance recipient
- Summer youth employee
- Temporary, seasonal, part-time, and full-time workers who put in a minimum of 120 hours in their first 12 months of employment
- New employees who have not worked for the hiring employer at any other time
- Any job type is acceptable
- For-profit businesses of any size qualify
- Tax-exempt organizations qualify for the veteran target groups only, and can get a refund of payments made on Form 941
Work Opportunity Tax Credit services
Taking advantage of tax credits can be a full-time job. CLA works with employers to identify eligible employees, collect supporting information, submit the required tax forms, and compute the dollar amount of the credit.
We integrate technology into your hiring process to minimize the time spent collecting the data. Our innovative, automated process will help you enhance your efficiencies.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 2/29/2024Invest in Opportunity Zones with Integrated Tax, Wealth Strategies
Case Study 2/28/2024Case Study: Food Manufacturer Cuts Taxes $2.2M by Buying Tax Credits
Tool 2/7/2024Inflation Reduction Act Resource Hub
News release 2/6/2024CLA Signs 16-Year Lease in Viking Lakes Campus
White paper 2/1/2024CLA Promise and Transparency Report
EventsSee All Events
Webinar 3/26/2024Family Business Transition in Construction Companies
Event 3/26/20242024 Denver Government and Nonprofit Training Academy
Event 3/19/2024Bisnow San Antonio State of the Market
Webinar 3/7/2024Monetizing Clean Energy Credits from the Inflation Reduction Act