The risks you face as a plan sponsor can also lead to opportunities. At CLA, we offer powerful tools to improve operations, reduce waste, and tighten controls.
We’re committed to helping address what matters most to you:
- Constantly changing regulatory environment
- Increased scrutiny from the regulators
- Increasing cost of benefit plans
- Meeting the expectations of a workforce that counts on employer-sponsored benefit plans
- Selecting and monitoring the right service providers
- Facilitating an efficient and effective plan audit
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA has provided employee benefit plan audit, tax compliance, and consulting services for more than 60 years. The most recently published Department of Labor’s top 100 firms has CLA performing the most benefit plan audits in the country.
Our services go beyond simply providing an audit of your plan’s financial statements. Our experienced team can take a hard look at your plan and communicate insights designed to improve the administration of that plan. We are a member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms, and the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Employee benefit plan services
Audit and tax
- ERISA and non-ERISA audits, including audits of plans with 11-K filings
- Single, multiple, multiemployer [Taft-Hartley], and pooled employer (PEP) plans
- Form 1094 and 1095 preparation for health and welfare plans
- Form 5500 preparation and review
- Form 990 preparation for voluntary employee benefit associations (VEBAs) and other benefit plan trusts
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Employee and benefit plan consulting and compliance
- Employee stock ownership plan consulting and reporting
- Pension plan startup tax credit consulting
- Service provider assessment
- Tax-favored health plan consulting and compliance
- Training and education seminars
InsightsSee All Insights
FeaturedWhite paper 11/24/20212021 Employee Benefit Plan Industry Updates and Common Practices
Article 3/24/2022When Do You Need a 401(k) Audit?
Article 12/1/2021Changes Coming to Your ERISA Employee Benefit Plan Audit
News release 11/1/2021CLA Advances Record Number of Professionals in Their Inspired Careers
Article 6/14/2021Why Do the IRS and DOL Care About Your 401(k) Fees?