Develop projects that can make a difference and raise capital.
CLA can access capital, and we understand real estate taxation. We provide the full spectrum of professional services you need to move forward.
What’s on your mind?
- Accessing and raising capital
- Building and structuring real estate investment funds
- Taking advantage of tax reform benefits (e.g., Opportunity Zones)
- Minimizing taxes using pass through entity structure
- Transforming real estate to make it as attractive as possible
- Compensating the operator of the fund
- Planning for my exit and retirement
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA can connect developers and investors because we know the real estate industry and have valuable wealth advisory resources. But first, we listen closely to you, so we have a deep understanding of you and your business. Then we combine our knowledge with yours and assemble a committed team of professionals to bring your project to life.
You will be relieved to work with a team that has experience helping people like you. We work with real estate owners, developers, investors, fund managers, and lenders on projects that range from affordable housing to subdivisions and hotels. CLA serves more than 5,200 clients across the real estate industry nationwide. We offer a traditional accounting, tax, reporting, and compliance perspective, as well as industry-specific real estate services. You’ll find everything you need in one firm.
So wherever you are in your planning, we can help.
Services for real estate developers
Audit, accounting, and assurance
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Asset-based accounting
- Employee benefit plans
- Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and Common Interest Realty Association (CIRA) audits
- Cost certifications
- Feasibility studies
- Fund structuring, administration, and consulting, including waterfall compliance and calculations
- Litigation support
- Opportunity Zone fund formation, tax planning, and investing
- Business tax planning and compliance
- Partnerships, S-corporations, and REITs
- Cost segregation studies
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives (Opportunity Zones, low-income housing, R&D, New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit)
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges
- State and local tax
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Family office
- Private real estate investment fund consulting
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.