Understand the market and access broad resources to grow your fund.
CLA helps emerging and experienced fund managers through the entire investment lifecycle from vetting opportunities to attracting capital and exiting the fund.
What’s on your mind?
- Accessing and raising capital
- Building and structuring real estate investment funds
- Complying with fund accounting, administration, and reporting requirements
- Taking advantage of tax reform benefits (e.g., Opportunity Zones)
- Understanding the current economic forces
- Making connections and developing relationships with a variety of professionals
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA has the track record and credibility to bring a sense of trust and simplicity to fairly complicated business situations. We work with hedge funds, boutique fund managers, sovereign wealth funds, private equity funds, institutional funds, private and public pensions, and foundations. You will work with a team that has experience helping entrepreneurs like you create opportunities.
Our professionals get to know you on a personal level so we can understand your unique circumstances. Then we can gather the necessary resources to help. CLA can connect you to the important relationships you will need as your fund grows. You will have access to market information as well as the tools you need to raise capital, fulfill compliance and reporting responsibilities, communicate with investors, and distribute proceeds.
You can find everything you need in one firm.
Services for real estate funds and investors
Audit, accounting, and assurance
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Asset-based accounting
- Compliance with National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF) standards and Investment Company (i.e., fair value) reporting requirements
- Employee benefit plans
- Due diligence
- Fund administration and consulting, including waterfall compliance and calculations
- Fund design and structuring (domestic and foreign capital)
- Unrelated business income tax (UBIT) planning
- Opportunity Zone fund formation, tax planning, and investing
- Business tax planning and compliance
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives (Opportunity Zones, low-income housing, R&D, New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit)
- Partnerships and REITs
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs)
- State and local tax
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Family office
- Private real estate investment fund consulting
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.