Increase profits, reduce risk, build business value, and plan for the future.
CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) helps position your retail business to withstand market changes with streamlined operations, smart growth strategies, advantageous tax plans, and long-term thinking.
What’s on your mind?
- Managing the omnichannel experience
- Reducing operating costs
- Controlling inventory and procurement processes
- Keeping up with wage and benefits issues
- Preventing cybercrime and data security breaches
- Interpreting and applying complex federal and state tax laws
- Developing the next generation of leaders
A unique approach
The retail industry is fiercely competitive and often at the mercy of customer whims and market volatility. To succeed for the duration, you need to anchor your business to a long-term strategy while also staying agile enough to adjust to technology changes, economic fluctuations, and evolving customer demands.
CLA’s retail practitioners are immersed in the industry and deeply understand your challenges and opportunities. Our broad array of capabilities in operations, finance, and consulting can help you run your retail business with holistic and savvy insight. We match a multidisciplinary team of professionals to your specific needs so you can tackle today’s issues and plan for tomorrow’s possibilities.
You’ll benefit from our years of experience serving retail clients of all sizes in a wide variety of specialties, including automotive, apparel, appliances, craft beer and spirits, furniture, gift, grocery, health, paper, printing, publishing, restaurant, sporting goods, and online.
Services for retail businesses
- 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- Category management
- Cost segregation and fixed asset studies
- Cybercrime prevention and data security
- Employee benefit plans
- Employment tax credits (WOTC)
- Estate and financial planning
- Fraud investigations
- Global operations and expansion
- Insurance and risk management
- Internal controls review
- International tax
- Litigation support
- Operational consulting
- Outsourced finance, payroll, and human resources
- Payment card industry compliance
- Retail industry analysis
- Sales tax compliance
- Succession planning
- Supply chain support
- Technology consulting and outsourcing
- Telecom assessments (identifying billing errors and discrepancies and optimizing services and carriers)
- Transaction support
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.