Know how your gaming business stacks up against the competition and in the eyes of regulators.
CLA helps bring unseen risks and opportunities into view by serving your whole operation and the people behind it. Together, we look beyond compliance details to performance improvements and enhanced profits.
What’s on your mind?
- Increasing profitability
- Taking advantage of tax reform
- Reducing tax liabilities
- Managing cash flow
- Staying ahead of rising competition
- Defending against cybercrimes
- Meeting regulatory compliance obligations
A unique approach
When you run a gaming operation, you need to have unwavering confidence in your internal controls, financials, and compliance functions. But your work doesn’t end when your regulatory obligations are satisfied; there are still profits, people, and policies to tend to.
CLA doesn’t take a task-oriented approach to serving gaming businesses and call it a day when the compliance list is checked off. We look at the entirety of your enterprise and act as an extension of your own finance team, offering proactive help with industry benchmarking, tax containment strategies, profitability improvements, information security, and whatever matters to you. The upshot is a surprise-free assessment of your exposure to risk — and a panoramic view of your opportunities for new growth and achievements.
Services for gaming businesses
CLA helps every variety of operation in the gaming industry (publicly traded and privately held, commercial and tribal), including casinos, card rooms, hotels, and online gaming.
Audit and accounting
- Accounting for income taxes (ASC 740)
- Financial statement audits
- Internal audit co-sourcing
- Lease accounting
- Performance and forensic audits
- Revenue recognition analysis and implementation
- Purchase price accounting and allocation
Consulting and outsourcing
- 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- Compliance audits (OMB Circular A‐133, NIGC MICS, Title 31)
- Financial analysis and industry benchmarking
- Fraud risk assessments and investigations
- Information security
- Outsourced business operations
- Providing Assistance for Self-Sufficiency (PASS)
- Risk management
- Transaction support
- Business tax planning and compliance
- Cost segregation studies
- Executive compensation (qualified & non-qualified executive deferred compensation, 409A analysis)
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives
- First cost analysis for personal property tax declarations
- Real property tax value negotiations with county assessors
- Sales tax compliance and reporting
- State and local tax
- State tax nexus and utility studies
- Tax reform impact assessment