Bill is principal within the firm, a member of the firm's State and Local Government leadership team, and the leader of the firm's states and state agencies team. As a principal within the State and Local Government Group he is responsible for client relationships, work quality, and staff development. Bill serves as the engagement principal and quality review principal for a wide range of large, complex governmental audit engagements and is one of the few practitioners within the governmental auditing field that currently serves as a partner on a state-wide financial and single audit. He has extensive experience specializing in government audits and assisting clients in increasing the efficiency of their operations. In addition, Bill is well versed in OMB Uniform Guidance compliance audits, and has managed, planned, and performed single audits for a variety of governmental agencies.
Bill brings innovative ideas coupled with practical experience to the firm's governmental clients so they can stay apprised of new accounting pronouncements, state laws, fiscal trends, and best practices. His personal approach to client service includes frequent communication with his clients and a genuine concern for their best interests. They know that whatever the problem, Bill will be there to get them through.
Bill has assisted governmental clients in obtaining and retaining the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting award. He also routinely presents at various government trainings across several states.
- Bachelors of Science in accounting from Salisbury State University, Salisbury, Maryland
- Bachelors of Science in business management from Salisbury State University, Salisbury, Maryland
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Maryland Government Finance Officers Association
- Salisbury University Accounting Advisory, Board Member
Resources and events
Event 7/26/20222022 Maryland Government Training Academy
Event 1/16/2020Roundtable on Student Activity Funds and the Impact of GASB 84