Uncover tax savings.
CLA helps you understand how to translate tax planning and preparation into financial strength.
What’s on your mind?
- Increasing cash flow and earnings by using federal tax credit strategies
- Researching “green” tax credits and deductions
- Increasing cash flow by accelerating depreciation
- Minimizing taxes by using a different inventory accounting method
- Keeping up with changes in tax laws
- Taking full advantage of employment credits
A unique approach
Working with a tax professional year-round can help you make sound financial decisions as issues arise. CLA’s federal tax team specializes in strategies that address your tax liability. Our team has years of experience in federal taxes, so you can expect strategies that match your industry and your individual situation. We monitor and track the latest tax developments, communicate changes in a timely manner, and provide specific recommendations.
Federal tax services, credits, and incentives
- Accounting method analysis
Defer income and accelerate deductions.
- Credits and Incentives
- Export incentives
- Financial modeling for tax credit projects
Look into the future with financial models that are accurate and understandable.
- Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit
Tax credits are available to developers of historic buildings.
- Inventory analysis
Implement best practices to address your inventory tax accounting issues.
- New Markets Tax Credit
The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) is intended to spur development in distressed communities with the help of tax credits.
- Opportunity Zones
This tax reform initiative offers both investment opportunities and tax benefits.
- Pension Plan Startup Tax Credit
Tax relief of up to $500/year is available for small organizations that establish new qualified benefit plans.
- Real estate cost analysis/cost segregation studies
Depreciate your assets over the shortest possible tax lives.
- Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit
Document and defend every federal and state credit for which your company qualifies.
- Section 179D: Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction
Building owners and designers of government buildings may qualify to claim deductions for expenses that were incurred by installing energy efficient components.
- Section 45L: Energy Efficient Home Credit
Owners and developers of energy efficient residential units (apartments, student housing, or assisted living facilities) may be eligible for a $2,000 tax credit per unit.
- Tax repairs and maintenance review
The difference between deductible costs and capital expenditures can mean hundreds of thousands of dollars of accelerated tax deductions to businesses that regularly maintain and repair their assets.
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs)
Section 1031 like-kind exchanges are an excellent tax deferral strategy for real estate owners, developers, investors, and closely held businesses.
- Tangible property regulations review
Reduce tax liability and improve cash flow by properly classifying expenditures.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
When you hire members of targeted groups, you may be eligible for up to $9,600 in tax credits per person.