Jay serves as the Managing Principal - Specialty Tax, supporting the Transaction Tax, Federal Tax Strategies, International Tax Services and the Business Incentives Consulting practices as they execute on their operational, quality and growth strategies. Prior to joining CLA, Jay served as the Chief Tax Officer for Blum Shapiro, a focus of which was leading the tax practice's overall stewardship, culture, strategic direction, and quality control measures.
Jay began his tax career in Florida advising privately-owned, middle-market businesses, family offices and high net worth individuals on complex tax matters before joining Blum Shapiro in 1993. Since then he has served in several leadership roles including industry tax leader for the firm’s Professional Services Group, Construction Group, and Cost Segregation Group. His technical expertise involves working with clients on tax analysis, planning, and compliance involving LLCs, partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation planning, and innovative planning and structuring matters.
Jay is a frequent writer and speaker on issues impacting the tax profession and is an active member of Tax 20, a national committee comprised of tax leaders from several accounting firms across the country.
- Bachelor of Arts from Flagler College
- Master of Science in Taxation from University of Hartford
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants, past member, board of directors; past chair, federal taxation steering committee; past chair, federal taxation committee; real estate/construction taxation committee
- Central CT Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Immediate Past Chair
- Inside Family Business Newsletter, Past Member, National Editorial Board
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Greater Hartford, Past Member, Board of Directors
Resources and events
Article 10/4/2022Navigating IRS Disaster Relief