CLA’s deep experience and seamless capabilities offer significant opportunities to help reduce your tax liability and optimize returns on 1031 like-kind exchanges.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding what qualifies as like-kind property
- Changing real estate markets and economic forces
- Accessing capital
- Building and structuring real estate investments
- Taking advantage of tax reform (including Opportunity Zones)
- Minimizing taxes
- Planning for business succession and retirement
Create opportunities with CLA
Section 1031 like-kind exchanges are a tax deferral strategy for real estate owners, developers, investors, and closely held businesses. Under IRC Section 1031 (as modified by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017), a real estate owner can defer taxation on gains realized from the sale of appreciated property used to acquire “like-kind” property (which can include an interest in a Delaware Statutory Trust (DST)).
CLA professionals work as a seamless team, drawing on deep knowledge and experience in real estate, tax, investment management, and related capabilities to integrate 1031 like-kind exchanges into your portfolio of tax-advantaged investment options.
1031 like-kind exchange services
- Business succession planning
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Credits and Incentives
- Customized portfolio solutions, including Opportunity Zone funds
- Family office services
- Federal tax strategies, credits, and incentives
- Investment management
- Outsourced accounting
- Private client tax, including estate and gift planning
- Retirement planning
InsightsSee All Insights
News release 9/24/2021CLA Wealth Advisors Included on Barron’s 2021 Top 100 RIA Firms List
Article 9/17/2021Are Popular Estate and Gift Tax Planning Techniques Doomed?
Article 8/13/2021Use It or Lose It: Opportunities in Gift Planning
Article 8/12/2021Succession Planning for Farming Families — Where Do I Start?
EventsSee all Events
Webinar 11/17/2021Financial Health Webinar Series for Individuals
Webinar 11/3/2021Qualified Opportunity Zone Benefits and Investment Alternatives
PeopleSee all People
Brian BuffieChief Compliance Officer