Together we’ll create opportunities
Are you analyzing your compliance obligations to help reduce risk? Because every time your company enters a new market, adds new products or services, or simply changes the way it conducts business, you must consider your state and local tax situation.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Staying informed about complex tax laws in each state and locality where your company does business
- Fully understanding and utilizing tax credits and incentives
- Managing risk and identifying planning opportunities
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA provides multistate tax consulting services to organizations that are constantly developing products and services, and adding new customers and markets. We believe you should have a strong command of your state tax profile so you can make informed business decisions.
Our professionals work closely with you to assess your tax situation, analyze your compliance systems, and evaluate emerging opportunities. We have experience serving a wide range of organizations, including private sector businesses from manufacturers to agribusinesses, as well as nonprofits and regulated entities (such as health care providers).
State and local tax services
- Audit and appeals assistance
- Credits and incentives
- Due diligence and merger integration
- Legal entity structuring
- Property tax consulting
- Residency planning and audit assistance
- Sales and use tax process review
- Sales and use tax refund (reverse sales tax audit)
- Sales tax compliance outsourcing
- Sales tax nexus
- State ASC 740 and ASC 740-10 assistance (formerly FAS 109 and FIN 48)
- Unclaimed property assistance
- Utility studies to claim sales and use tax exemptions
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 5/31/2022Opportunity Zones Update: Key Dates and Benefits
Article 5/26/2022Sales Tax State of the Union: Compliance Burdens Increasing
Article 5/25/2022Inflation Will Impact Your Organization — Are You Ready?
Article 4/13/2022Your Crowdfunding May Spark a Taxable Surprise
Media coverage 4/12/2022How Businesses Can Claim Remaining COVID-19 Relief Benefits