Our health care state and local tax practitioners help you understand the unique tax rules and regulatory issues for your health care services.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding the provider taxes, fees, and assessments for tax payments, and the reimbursement impacts of the provider taxes
- The increase of sales and use taxes being imposed on service-based industries and transactions that historically weren’t taxed
- Audits by state and local taxing authorities who may not understand the industry or the types of services you provide
- Gaining or preserving your tax exempt status with each taxing authority
- Proactive reviews that help reduce overpaid state or local taxes
- Improving state and local compliance processes
- Providing training specific to your organization’s issues
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA helps you comply with changing regulations and take advantage of all the potential tax benefits afforded by law. We interpret complex tax rules and develop appropriate strategies for hospitals, health systems, medical groups, physician practices, dentists, senior living providers, and home health and hospice agencies.
You will benefit from our broad knowledge of tax-exempt and for-profit state taxes and the health care industry. With extensive experience delivering refund reviews, tax planning, audit defense, compliance, and tax consulting services to health care providers, we tailor our solutions to your health care organization.
State and local tax services for health care organizations
- State tax refund reviews to help recover past overpayments
- Audit defense assistance
- What to do before the auditor shows up
- What to do during the audit
- Appeals of audit issues
- Technical memos tailored to your health care organization’s situation
- Planning advice as your organization grows or enters new jurisdictions
- Advisement on joint venture and other consolidations with health care providers that are either tax-exempt or for-profit
- Outsourcing of state tax preparation and/or review services
- Nexus studies to determine your filing requirements
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 12/6/2023Top 10 Physician Practice Year End To-Dos
Article 12/6/2023CMS Releases 2024 Final Hospital Outpatient Rule
Article 11/22/2023CMS Finalizes Small Home Health Care Increase in 2024
Blog 11/14/2023340B Round-Up: $9 Billion Payment Remedy, More Lawsuits