Stephen Taylor is a Principal within the Health Care group at CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) and serves as the leader of CLA’s Privately Held Senior Living and Care practice. Stephen’s primary focus is creating enterprise value for skilled nursing and senior living and care stakeholders.
Stephen has 15 years of experience in public accounting with a specialized focus in serving and advising skilled nursing and senior living and care operators, owners and investors in strategic, financial and operational matters. Through deep industry insight, aligned with the strength of CLA’s extensive resources and solution capabilities; Stephen is passionate about creating opportunities to increase stakeholder value, expand industry advocacy, and helping clients thrive in a competitive health care climate. Stephen is also a frequent speaker with associations and has made contributions to a number of industry publications.
- Financial Statement Auditing
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Benchmarking and data analytics
- Risk-Based Payment Advisory (Institutional Special Needs Plan Advisory)
- Strategic Planning
- Capital Allocation
- Financial Modeling
- Reimbursement and Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports
Recent Speaking Engagements
- December 2021 - AHCA/NCAL Population Health Managament Summit: State of the State, Special Needs Plans
- June 2021 - Family Office West: Investing in an Aging Population: Active Adult, Senior Housing and Healthcare
- May 2021 - BofA Securities - Healthcare REITs & Operator Conference - Insights into Skilled Nursing Facilities
- September 2020 – Owning the Outcomes: Understanding the Intersection of Quality, Financial and Operational Performance, and survey results
- September 2020 – Finding the Opportunities Together
- February 2020 – SNFs Taking Risks: Is an I-SNP the right option for You?
- September 2019 – Owning the Outcomes: Understanding the Intersection of Quality, Financial and Operational Performance, and survey results
- August 2019 – Is Creating a Medicare SNP Strategy Right for You? - Reimbursement and Financial Considerations of a SNP
Stephen graduated from Missouri State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He continued his education at Missouri State University earning his Masters in Business Administration. Stephen is a Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Missouri.
In the community
American Health Care Association (AHCA)
Missouri Health Care Association (MHCA)
Missouri Society CPA
Resources and events
Webinar 7/21/2022 – 8/24/2022Key 2022 Health Care Trends
Media coverage 1/20/2022COVID Patient Care Drives 7% Medicare Revenue Increase, CLA Report Finds
News release 1/18/2022CLA Releases 36th Annual SNF Cost Comparison and Industry Trends Report
White paper 1/13/202236th SNF Cost Comparison and Industry Trends Report: COVID-19 Challenge
Article 10/4/2021Initial Observations of SNF Trends Data Illustrates COVID-19 Challenges
Media coverage 2/18/2021Borrowers and lenders should work together to resolve PPP loan errors
Media coverage 2/17/2021With COVID19 Cases Lowering Nursing Homes May Have Seen the Last of Low Occupancy
Media coverage 1/25/202148 States Saw Nursing Home Occupancy of 80% or Worse as 2021 Dawned
Article 8/27/2019Is Creating a Medicare SNP Strategy Right for You?