CLA can help you map out your filing obligations, mitigate past exposures, and put a plan in place to keep your business compliant.
What’s on your mind?
- State and local tax compliance obligations
- Knowing where and when to file as your business expands and adds new service or product lines, opens new locations, or changes the overall business model
- Changing tax laws
A unique approach
CLA provides multistate tax consulting services to businesses whose state and local profiles are changing as they develop new products, services, relationships, and markets. We believe that tax should always be a consideration, but it should not drive your business decisions.
Our professionals work closely with you to assess your tax situation, analyze your compliance systems, and evaluate emerging business opportunities. Let us guide you through a review process that will identify areas of exposure and help you chart a course for growth.
State tax nexus services
- We will understand your business objectives and goals.
- We review current business and processes to determine what activities are taking place across the country.
- We will determine where your company is filing for all tax types and chart this data by jurisdiction. We can also review your exposure post-Wayfair, and examine utility bills for sales tax overpayment.
- As you develop plans for expansion or the sale of your business, we will be by your side as a trusted advisor.
- If exposures are identified, CLA will guide your business through a voluntary disclosure process (or amnesty) to manage the total tax liability and potential penalties.
- By creating a comprehensive compliance plan we can help your business meet all state filing obligations.
- We offer a post-Wayfair sales tax nexus assessment and checkup.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 8/2/2021New Proposal Would Terminate Employee Retention Credit for Q4 2021
Article 7/30/2021IRS Grants Penalty Relief for New Partnership Schedules K-2 and K-3
Media coverage 7/21/2021Valuing turbine or tower leases with farmland purchases
Article 7/19/2021PPP Loan Necessity Questionnaire Retired, Review Prep Still Critical
Media coverage 7/16/2021NCBA Beltway Beef Podcast - Deep Dive into Federal Tax Policy
EventsSee all Events
Webinar 8/12/2021Tax Update for Health Care Organizations