CLA can help you map out your filing obligations, mitigate past exposures, and put a plan in place to keep your business compliant.
What’s on your mind?
- State and local tax compliance obligations
- Knowing where and when to file as your business expands and adds new service or product lines, opens new locations, or changes the overall business model
- Changing tax laws
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA provides multistate tax consulting services to businesses whose state and local profiles are changing as they develop new products, services, relationships, and markets. We believe that tax should always be a consideration, but it should not drive your business decisions.
Our professionals work closely with you to assess your tax situation, analyze your compliance systems, and evaluate emerging business opportunities. Let us guide you through a review process that will identify areas of exposure and help you chart a course for growth.
State tax nexus services
- We will understand your business objectives and goals.
- We review current business and processes to determine what activities are taking place across the country.
- We will determine where your company is filing for all tax types and chart this data by jurisdiction. We can also review your exposure post-Wayfair, and examine utility bills for sales tax overpayment.
- As you develop plans for expansion or the sale of your business, we will be by your side as a trusted advisor.
- If exposures are identified, CLA will guide your business through a voluntary disclosure process (or amnesty) to analyze the total tax liability and potential penalties.
- By creating a comprehensive compliance plan we can help your business meet all state filing obligations.
- We offer a post-Wayfair sales tax nexus assessment and checkup.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 11/14/2023IRS Answers ERC Questions On OSHA Guidelines
Media coverage 10/27/2023Are There Abuses in Government Farm Payments?
Article 10/26/2023Missouri Works – A Program to Fit All Company Sizes
Article 10/24/2023IRS Issues Guidance on How to Return ERC Claims in Full
Article 10/19/2023Manufacturing in Connecticut: Explore Grant, Tax Incentive Opportunities
Media coverage 10/6/2023Farmer Beware: When a Tractor Repair Triggers an IRS Audit
EventsSee All Events
Event 12/13/2023Preparing Your Dealership for Year End
Event 12/7/2023The Lifecycle of a Business — a Real-Life Case Study
Event 12/6/2023Chicagoland Construction Surety Forum 2023
Event 11/30/2023 – 12/1/202339th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum