Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
Professionals who work with nonprofits have to know more than standards and regulations. They have to understand the context surrounding the organization, the motivation of leadership, and the perspective of the people served. CLA has the broad experience needed to help strengthen and guide your organization.
Who we serve
- Associations and membership organizations
- Charter schools
- Independent schools
- Health care organizations
- Higher education institutions
- Housing authorities
- Religious organizations
- Social service organizations
What's on your mind?
- Complying with complicated financial reporting and regulatory requirements
- Changing finance and governance models
- Identifying and prioritizing new revenue streams
- Tight budgets and fewer volunteers
- Demand for greater financial accountability
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating risks
- Preparing for leadership transitions
- Protecting against threats to data, privacy, and system security
A unique approach
CLA has one of the largest nonprofit practices in the country. With more than 50 years in the nonprofit sector, we have experience serving a wide variety of organizations. Our committed nonprofit consultants can help you develop strategies rooted in sound business fundamentals, strengthen communication between staff and boards, and sharpen overall execution. We believe that helping nonprofits succeed means stronger and more vibrant communities for us all.
Our commitment to you includes developing and sharing thought leadership and tools that strengthen the nonprofit community.
Nonprofit financial roundtable series
Quarterly peer-to-peer discussions provide nonprofit leaders an opportunity to share insights and ideas on timely topics. Sessions are ideal for CFOs, controllers, financial managers, board members, trustees, audit committee members, and other nonprofit decision makers. Learn more
A complimentary benchmarking report that compares your nonprofit’s financial health with up to five of your peers. Learn more
Nonprofit speakers bureau
Whether you are hosting a conference, webinar, or some other program related to nonprofit management, CLA professionals can use their experience to tailor content to your audience and help make your event a success. Learn more
Civic and charitable engagement
CLA is committed to giving back in meaningful ways. Many of our people serve as voluntary board members of civic and charitable organizations, providing leadership and guidance on finance and operational matters critical to long-term sustainability. Through a firm-wide emphasis on community engagement and giving back, our people also volunteer at a grass-roots level to causes across the country.
Services for nonprofits
- Adaptive Insights forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- CLA Global Concierge Services℠
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Enterprise risk management
- Finance department assessment
- Forensic auditing
- Fraud misconduct and investigations
- Fraud risk management
- Financial SCAN complimentary benchmarking report
- Grant compliance
- Human resources and search
- Information security
- Institutional investment
- Mergers and restructuring
- Operational improvement
- Outsourced accounting
- Sales and use tax refund study
- Strategic and financial consulting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Training and educational seminars
- Unrelated business income (UBI) tax planning
- Web-based accounting systems
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.