Together we’ll create opportunities
From public and private colleges and universities to career schools, we know your motivation to educate is a more powerful force than rising costs or shrinking enrollment. We help improve business processes so you can build a long legacy of excellence in education.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Meeting increasing costs, such as health care, aging buildings, and technology upgrades
- Adapting to declining enrollment
- Protecting against threats to data, privacy, and system security
- Complying with financial reporting and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring and mitigating risks
- Preparing for succession of key personnel
- Successfully competing for revenue
Experience our client-focused approach
Our professionals understand higher education because we’ve been serving the industry for more than 50 years. Our CPAs and consultants are active members of national, state, and regional industry associations, including the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA).
From small institutions to large universities, we can help your organization thrive by developing strategies rooted in sound business fundamentals.
Services for higher education
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Audit and assurance, including OMB Circular A-133 audits
- CLA Global Concierge Services℠
- CLA Intuition® financial modeling
- Cybersecurity in Higher Education – People, Process, and Associated Risks
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Enterprise risk management
- Grant compliance
- Institutional investment services
- Internal audit
- NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Outsourced accounting
- Purchase card (p-card) monitoring and analytics
- Risk assessments
- Strategic and financial consulting
- Student financial aid (SFA) consulting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Unrelated business income (UBI) tax planning
- Wealth advisory
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 8/31/2022Manual Processes Pose Risks for Colleges and Universities
Article 8/23/2022Tax Surprises With Work-From-Home Policies
Article 6/28/2022Use Machine Learning to Help Offset Higher Education Enrollment Concerns
Article 6/14/2022New Sanctions Against Russia and Belarus Effective June 7, 2022
Article 3/7/2022Could the California State Tax Workaround (AB 150) Help You?
EventsSee All Events
Webinar 10/20/2022Leading Indicators in Higher Education: Is What You Are Measuring Complete?