Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
Work with professionals who truly understand the unique challenges and opportunities facing cooperatives. Drawing on more than 50 years of experience serving more than 250 cooperatives, CLA is uniquely positioned to help your organization grow and prosper.
Who we serve
- Agribusiness cooperatives
- Electric cooperatives
- Family pork producers
- Financial cooperatives
- Grain elevators
- Marketing cooperatives (including dairy, grain, fruits, and vegetables)
- Mutual insurance companies
- Purchasing cooperatives
- Supply cooperatives (including farm supply, retail, and wholesale distribution)
- Worker-owned cooperatives
What’s on your mind?
- Keeping current on accounting, tax, and other financial issues
- Planning for income taxes, equity retirement, and patronage vs. nonpatronage activities
- Exploring expansion opportunities through mergers and acquisitions
- Managing risk
- Increasing profitability and/or operational efficiency
A unique approach
CliftonLarsonAllen understands the cooperative business model and brings a unique perspective to the challenges and opportunities facing your business. Whether it’s agricultural supply, purchasing, marketing, distribution, or another form of cooperative enterprise, our team of professionals can help. We offer valuable insights, and develop techniques and tools specifically tailored to meet your needs and help you succeed. In addition to a deep understanding of cooperative accounting and taxation, our people know the changing rules, regulations, and standards affecting your business.
Services for cooperatives
As you grow, so do your needs. Our services give you more ways to serve your members, your customers, and the community.
Accounting, assurance, and tax
- Audit and assurance, including financial statement preparation
- Employee benefit plans
- Outsourced payroll and bookkeeping
- Research and experimentation (R&D) tax credit
- Tax planning and compliance, including complex cooperative taxation
Cooperative consulting services
- Bankruptcy services
- Cost and manufacturing consulting
- Cost segregation studies
- Enterprise risk management
- Forensic auditing
- Fixed asset study
- Fraud risk management
- Fraud misconduct and investigations
- Grain inventory valuation, measurement, and accounting
- Internal controls review
- Inventory and gross margin management
- M&A advisory and investment banking
- Operations analysis and risk management
- Pension plan audits and evaluations
- Technology consulting and outsourcing
- Transaction support
- Utility studies to claim sales and use tax exemptions
Merger and acquisition, wealth management, and investment planning services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.