Together we’ll create opportunities
CLA’s seasoned agribusiness professionals have deep roots in farm communities and are dedicated to helping hog and pork producers prosper. We begin by cultivating trusting relationships with your people. That way, we can provide professional resources that meet your farm’s specific needs.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Public perception of animal care (both policy makers and consumers)
- State regulations
- Labor shortages
- Foreign trade policy
- Volatile markets
- Pork markets and margins
- Transferring the farm to the next generation
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA is a small firm at heart, even though we serve clients in more than 100 locations. Our 5,000 agribusiness clients produce a wide variety of products, including grain, swine, cattle, dairy, citrus, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. These operations range from family producers to large cooperatives, which includes poultry producers, ranchers and cattle producers, and hog and pork producers, too.
Most of our team members were raised on, or have worked on, operating farms. That means they bring extensive firsthand knowledge to your business. CLA is known nationally for our insight and analysis of agricultural issues, and we frequently provide training to agricultural professionals and CPAs. With more than 100 dedicated professionals serving the agribusiness industry, we have the resources of a large firm — but still treat you like a next-door neighbor.
Services for family pork producers
- Depreciation of buildings, equipment, and breeding herds
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Farm restructuring and entity selection
- Like-kind exchange (Section 1031) feasibility consultation
- Retirement, succession, and estate planning
- Recordkeeping, bookkeeping, and general ledger
- Research and experimentation (R&D) tax credit
- Speakers for trainings and educational seminars
- Strategic tax planning
- Utility studies to claim sales and use tax exemptions
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 3/17/2023What Do You Mean I Have to Pay Sales Tax?
Media coverage 3/7/2023CLA’s Mauszycki Explains Tax Breaks from Residual Soil Fertility
Article 3/7/2023Pass-Through Entity Taxes May Require U.S. GAAP Considerations
Blog 2/17/2023Is Your State Tax Rebate Taxable?
Blog 2/5/2023Do I Need a Trust?