Together we’ll create opportunities
For ranchers and cattle producers, growth is more complicated than simply increasing the herd size. However, what gets measured can be monitored and improved.
Our team can help your operation thrive and is committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Deferring livestock sales
- Cattle markets and margins
- Pasture and water management
- Government regulations
- Resource management decisions
- Understanding your operation through solid financials
- Transferring the farm or ranch to the next generation
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA is a small firm at heart, even though we serve clients in more than 100 locations. Our 5,000 agribusiness clients produce a wide variety of products, including grain, swine, cattle, dairy, citrus, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. These operations range from family producers to large cooperatives, which includes poultry producers, hog and pork producers, and ranchers and cattle producers, too.
Most of our team members were raised on, or have worked on, farms and ranches. That means they bring extensive firsthand knowledge to your business. Our professionals are known nationally for their insight and analysis of agricultural issues, and frequently provide training to other agricultural professionals and CPAs. With more than 100 dedicated professionals serving the agribusiness industry, we have the resources of a large firm — but still treat you like a next-door neighbor.
Services for family ranchers and cattle producers
- Affordable Care Act reporting and compliance
- Audit and assurance, including financial statement preparation
- Business valuation and buy-sell consulting
- Depreciation for equipment and livestock
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Estate and financial planning
- Farm and ranch restructuring, entity selection
- Information security
- Like-kind exchange (Section 1031) feasibility consultation
- Recordkeeping and bookkeeping
- Research and experimentation (R&D) tax credit
- Speakers for trainings and educational seminars
- Strategic tax planning and compliance
- USDA programs and Farm Service Agency compliance assistance
- Utility studies to claim sales and use tax exemptions
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 11/21/2023Happy Thanksgiving from CLA
Blog 11/9/2023IRS Audits – What Do You Do?
Blog 10/30/2023The Cooperative Balancing Act – Patronage v. Equity
Media coverage 10/27/2023Are There Abuses in Government Farm Payments?
Blog 10/18/2023Thank You, Cooperative Community: Celebrate Co-Op Month
Article 10/9/2023Unlocking Efficiency: The Advantages of Automating Accounts Payable