Together we’ll create opportunities
A successful family farm is built over time, with perseverance and good planning. Over the years we’ve worked with many farmers who are dedicated to their craft, helping them plan for a sustainable future. And since our seasoned agribusiness professionals have roots in farm communities, they know how to help your family farm prosper.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Monitoring cash flow and deferred tax liability
- Supporting growth without overextending
- Understanding your operation through solid financials
- Transferring the family farm to the next generation
- Protecting personal assets and mitigating risk
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA is a small CPA firm at heart. We serve clients in more than 100 locations, with the vast majority located in rural America. Although we have the resources of a large firm, we are still your local CPA, your neighbor, and your friend. Our 5,000 agribusiness clients produce a wide variety of products, including grain, swine, dairy, citrus, fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
Most of our team members were raised on, or have worked on, operating farms. That means our people bring extensive firsthand knowledge to your business. Our professionals are nationally known for their insight and analysis of agricultural issues, and frequently provide training to other CPAs, which includes offering specific guidance for family farm producers. With more than 100 dedicated professionals serving the agribusiness industry, we provide assurance, tax, and consulting services to help our clients assess risk and grow their operation.
Services for family farm producers
- Accounting services ranging from payroll to bookkeeping to audited financials
- Business succession and estate planning
- Business valuation and buy-sell consulting
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Farm restructuring, entity selection, and business succession planning
- Farm Service Agency compliance assistance
- Federal and state tax preparation
- Speakers for trainings and educational seminars
- Strategic tax planning
- 1099 and W-2 preparation
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 5/31/2023USDA Extends Deadline for Applications for PARP/ERP2
Blog 5/15/2023What Do You Mean I’m Subject to IRMAA?
Blog 5/11/2023Managing Risk is About More Than Hedging and Insurance
Media coverage 4/28/2023Mitigate Tax Issues When It’s Time to Exit the Farm
Blog 4/20/2023Don’t be Afraid of the Big Bad…Tax Notice
Media coverage 4/10/2023Have Excess Soil Fertility? You May Qualify for a Tax Break