Meet your evolving needs with three integrated business lines in one professional services firm.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
State and Local Governments
Position your entity to provide effective and efficient governmental services to your constituents. Our CPAs and consultants can help you analyze and address financial, operational, and regulatory issues so you can focus on serving your citizens.
Who we serve
- Charter schools
- Counties and municipalities
- Housing authorities
- Independent schools
- Public pensions and deferred compensation plans
- School districts
- Special districts
- States and state agencies
- Tribal governments and casinos
What’s on your mind?
- Providing accurate and meaningful financial information to stakeholders, decision makers, and your constituents
- Maintaining quality services in the face of revenue reductions
- Responding to regulatory pressures and complexities
- Finding new ways to operate more effectively and efficiently
- Planning and restructuring to accommodate changing citizen needs
A unique approach
Our 600 professionals serve more than 1,700 local, county, and state government agencies and higher education institutions. It has been our primary focus for more than 40 years. We understand the legislative changes, funding challenges, compliance responsibilities, and risk management duties that impact you.
Our goal is to become familiar with all aspects of your operations, not just the information needed for the year-end audit. Our CPAs and consultants will stay in touch with you throughout the year, so we can offer solutions to challenges as they arise. You’ll benefit from a close personal connection with a team of professionals devoted to government agencies.
Services for state and local government agencies
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Compliance audits (HUD, OMB Single Audits)
- Enterprise risk management
- Forensic auditing
- Fraud risk management
- Fraud misconduct and investigations
- Grant compliance
- Implementation assistance for complex Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) statements
- Information security
- Internal audit
- Outsourced business operations
- Performance auditing
- Risk assessments
- Strategic, financial, and operational consulting
- Tax planning and compliance (1099, payroll, sales tax)
- Telecom analysis and advisory
- Training and educational seminars