Contain institutional costs and provide a seamless student service experience.
CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) can help bring continuity to your bursar role and efficiency to your accounting department.
What’s on your mind?
- Declining enrollment and endowments and rising expenditures
- High turnover within the bursar and business office function
- Managing student accounts and processing payments and refunds
- Presenting timely, reliable financial information to your board
- Keeping up with sales tax rules and legislation
- Incorporating regulatory changes into workflow and cloud systems
- Finding answers to vexing tax and financial questions
- A seamless student experience
A unique approach
Private colleges and universities are under pressure to reduce costs while still elevating the student service experience. Outsourcing your general accounting and student accounts services to CLA can help you achieve both. We bring continuity, campus experience, and software know how to our accounting backbone, so you can focus your energy where it matters most.
We understand collegiate pressures because CLA professionals have been serving the industry for more than 50 years. Our public sector team includes former university controllers and financial aid directors, so we know the technology systems you use and the language you speak.
From small institutions to large universities, we will help your organization thrive. Our goal is to deliver a customized outsourcing strategy, integrated into the life of your institution, so that our interactions become an extension of your staff and a seamless experience for your students.
Outsourcing services for private sector college and universities
- Outsourced bursar function and student account management
- Cash receipts, financial aid refunds, tuition payments, housing fees, meal plans, 1098-T, etc.
- Outsourced financial aid awarding and processing
- Endowment accounting
- Payroll and cash disbursements
- Monthly financial statements and reporting to boards and governing bodies
- 1099 processing, sales tax outsourcing, and tax planning and compliance
- A custom strategy (including CFO, controller, bursar, financial aid and accounting professionals)
- Technology integration with your existing student records and systems
- Automated expense and reimbursement tracking and vendor payment (e.g. Expensify, Raiser’s Edge, Bill.com, etc.)
- Human resources
- A complete suite of outsourcing services
- Finance department assessment