Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
Realize investment opportunities, position yourself for tax benefits, and foster community redevelopment. Whether you’re a business owner, investor, fund manager, or real estate developer — whatever road leads you to Opportunity Zones, CLA is right there with you.
What’s on your mind?
- Accessing capital
- Understanding the benefits and qualifications of the program
- Diversifying your real estate portfolio
- Expanding your business or launching a start up
- Uncovering long-term investments that defer taxes and exclude capital gains
- Properly structuring and administering Opportunity Zone funds
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA has deep experience across a broad spectrum of potential Opportunity Zone (OZ) fund stakeholders, so we can translate how these incentives, established
in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,
apply to you.
Our CPAs and wealth advisors are immersed in the real estate field, the investment market, tax reform, and the industries our clients operate businesses in. We can help you make clear decisions and realize the full benefits of the Opportunity Zone program before the initial December 31, 2019 deadline.
Our professionals can also help you combine this fund with new markets and historical rehabilitation tax credits or cost segregation studies. As Economic Investment Group (EIG) coalition members, we will keep you apprised of the direction of Qualified Opportunity Zone (QOZ) funds over time.
Qualified Opportunity Zones mapping tool
Use our interactive map to find qualifying Opportunity Zones and census tracts that may qualify for the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC). Click “new map” in the upper left corner to switch between these two views.
Services for Qualified Opportunity Zone funds
Individual, family office, and institutional investors
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate
- Alternative and private real estate investment fund consulting
- Income tax planning and compliance
- Financial planning
- Accounting method analysis
- Asset-based accounting and cost segregation studies
- Coordination with federal tax strategies (e.g., NMTC and historic tax credit)
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs)
- Partnerships and REITs
Fund managers and sponsors
- Opportunity Zone fund tax planning, structuring, and modeling
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Fund administration, consulting, and compliance
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Compliance with National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF) standards and Investment Company (i.e., fair value) reporting requirements
- Unrelated business income tax (UBIT) planning
- Valuation and transaction support
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.