Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
The motivation to educate is a more powerful force than rising costs or shrinking enrollment. CLA helps improve business processes so you can build a long legacy of excellence in education.
Who we serve
- Nonprofit colleges and universities
- Public colleges and universities
- Private sector and career schools
What’s on your mind?
- Meeting increasing costs, such as health care, aging buildings, and technology upgrades
- Adapting to declining enrollment
- Protecting against threats to data, privacy, and system security
- Complying with financial reporting and regulatory requirements
- Managing and mitigating risks
- Preparing for succession of key personnel
- Successfully competing for revenue
A unique approach
CLA professionals understand higher education because we’ve been serving the industry for more than 50 years. Our CPAs and consultants are active members of national, state, and regional industry associations, including the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA).
From small institutions to large universities, we will help your organization thrive by developing strategies rooted in sound business fundamentals.
Higher Education speakers bureau
Our leaders are nationally acclaimed higher education resources and featured speakers at top industry conferences, and are frequently consulted by outside accounting firms and CPAs concerning higher education issues. Learn more.
Services for higher education
- Adaptive Insights forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Audit and assurance, including OMB Circular A-133 audits
- CLA Global Concierge Services℠
- CLA Intuition® financial modeling
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Enterprise risk management
- Grant compliance
- Institutional investment services
- Internal audit
- Outsourced accounting
- Risk assessments
- Speakers for trainings and educational seminars
- Strategic and financial consulting
- Student financial aid (SFA) consulting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Unrelated business income (UBI) tax planning
- Wealth advisory
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.