CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) has the deep knowledge to help you structure your transaction in a tax efficient manner.
What’s on your mind?
- Entering into a beneficial acquisition tax structure
- Calculating the costs and benefits of purchasing assets versus stock
- Determining the most tax-effective structure to sell a business
- Understanding uncertain tax positions at the federal, state, and international levels
- Determining post-deal tax obligations
- Managing the post-deal integration process — particularly the first 100 days
A unique approach
CLA professionals have extensive operating and transaction tax experience. Our team uses a focused approach to understand the tax implications of the proposed deal and help you determine the optimal tax structure critical to creating deal value.
Each transaction brings its own set of potentially damaging exposures to both buyers and sellers. We help buyers determine the combined entity’s post-close tax positions and compliance footprint, as well as federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures. Conversely, we help sellers understand the tax consequences of potential offers before the business is put on the market. We use our versatile knowledge to develop strategy and structure to get the deal done.
Transaction tax services
- Assess uncertain tax positions for federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures
- Tax structuring advice for mergers and acquisitions
- Model tax consequences of different transaction structures
- Conduct comprehensive discussions with management and its advisors
- Perform post-closing tax filing compliance assistance
- Team with investment advisors to achieve after-tax investment and estate planning goals
- Comprehensive transaction support, including M&A advisory and investment banking services
Merger and acquisition, wealth management, and investment planning services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
InsightsSee All Insights
News release 8/10/2022CLA’s Virginia Harn to Chair the Women in Manufacturing® Association Board
News release 8/3/2022CLA Retiree Brandenburg Recognized With NSAC Award
News release 8/2/2022CLA Named Top US Construction Accounting Firm for the Fourth Year
Blog 8/1/2022Optimism for Contractors in the Inflation Reduction Act
Media coverage 7/20/2022CLA’s Labant Notes What Smart Investors Do in Bear Markets for the WSJ
EventsSee All Events
Webinar 10/26/2022Reinsurance Strategies
Webinar 9/7/2022Seek Diversifications in Alternatives
Event 8/31/2022Current M&D Developments: Elevate Your Business
Webinar 8/24/2022Reduce Your Tax Bite for 2021 and 2022 Tax Planning Ideas
Event 3/2/2022 – 12/7/2022Quarterly Economic and Industry Market Outlook