CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) has the deep knowledge to help you structure your transaction in a tax efficient manner.
What’s on your mind?
- Entering into a beneficial acquisition tax structure
- Calculating the costs and benefits of purchasing assets versus stock
- Determining the most tax-effective structure to sell a business
- Understanding uncertain tax positions at the federal, state, and international levels
- Determining post-deal tax obligations
- Managing the post-deal integration process — particularly the first 100 days
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA professionals have extensive operating and transaction tax experience. Our team uses a focused approach to understand the tax implications of the proposed deal and help you determine the optimal tax structure critical to creating deal value.
Each transaction brings its own set of potentially damaging exposures to both buyers and sellers. We help buyers determine the combined entity’s post-close tax positions and compliance footprint, as well as federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures. Conversely, we help sellers understand the tax consequences of potential offers before the business is put on the market. We use our versatile knowledge to develop strategy and structure to get the deal done.
Transaction tax services
- Assess uncertain tax positions for federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures
- Tax structuring advice for mergers and acquisitions
- Model tax consequences of different transaction structures
- Conduct comprehensive discussions with management and its advisors
- Perform post-closing tax filing compliance assistance
- Team with investment advisors to achieve after-tax investment and estate planning goals
- Comprehensive transaction support, including M&A advisory and investment banking services
Merger and acquisition, wealth management, and investment planning services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 11/29/20235 Tax Strategies Businesses Should Consider Before Year End 2023
Article 11/14/2023IRS Answers ERC Questions On OSHA Guidelines
Media coverage 10/27/2023Are There Abuses in Government Farm Payments?
Article 10/26/2023Missouri Works – A Program to Fit All Company Sizes
Article 10/24/2023IRS Issues Guidance on How to Return ERC Claims in Full
Article 10/19/2023Manufacturing in Connecticut: Explore Grant, Tax Incentive Opportunities
EventsSee All Events
Event 12/13/2023Preparing Your Dealership for Year End
Event 12/7/2023The Lifecycle of a Business — a Real-Life Case Study
Event 12/6/2023Chicagoland Construction Surety Forum 2023