Meeting the distinct needs of orchard owners
Whether you’re looking to pass your orchard on to the next generation, get help with labor regulations, or simply want someone to take over your bookkeeping, our agribusiness professionals have the experience to meet your specific needs.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Utilizing the H-2A visa program and maintaining a stable, consistent, reliable workforce
- Rising cost of piece rates, hourly rates, and minimum wage
- Shrinking profit margins
- Complying with food safety rules
- Updating your orchard to meet consumer expectations and taste
- The new tax law and what it means for your business
- Issues related to orchard transfer or sale
Experience our client-focused approach
As it becomes more costly for growers to have employees, and legislation continues to increase complexity for orchard owners, CLA is dedicated to advocating for farmers. Many of our professionals were born and raised on farms, and several have experience sitting on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) tax executive committee, AICPA Agricultural Conference Committee, and the Farm Financial Standards Council. We’re prepared to influence changes in the agribusiness industry and keep you informed of the latest developments.
Services for tree fruit orchards
- Business succession and estate planning
- Contract labor reporting
- Crop insurance consulting
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Family farm transfer
- Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC) export incentive
- Investment management
- Outsourced services, including recordkeeping, bookkeeping, and payroll
- Research and experimentation tax credit
- Reverse sales and use tax audit
- Section 199A planning
- State regulatory agency audit preparation
- Tax planning and compliance
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 11/29/2021How Much More Will The 2022 Crop Cost?
Blog 11/17/2021Can I Have Some SALT With That?
Blog 11/16/2021As Usual – I am Wrong
Media coverage 11/16/2021Year-End Tax Planning Complicated by Input, Equipment Shortage
EventsSee all Events
Event February 14, 2022Farm Journal’s Top Producer Summit: Business on Broadway
Webinar December 09, 2021Register For Our Next Livestream!
Webinar December 08, 2021Cooperative Network: Cooperative Cyber Security