Growth is more complicated than increasing the herd size. What gets measured can be managed and improved.
Our seasoned agribusiness professionals have roots in farm and ranch communities and are dedicated to helping your operation prosper.
“Having CLA on our team gives us peace of mind … local, personal service and professional competence ... It’s a combination we heartily recommend.” Larry and Julanne Mahan, ranchers
What’s on your mind?
- Deferring livestock sales
- Cattle markets and margins
- Pasture and water management
- Government regulations
- Resource management decisions
- Understanding your operation through solid financials
- Transferring the farm or ranch to the next generation
A unique approach
CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) remains true to its origins — we are a small CPA firm at heart. We serve clients in more than 90 locations, the vast majority located in rural America. Our 5,000 agribusiness clients produce a wide variety of products, including grain, swine, cattle, dairy, citrus, fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
Most of our team members were raised on, or have worked on, farms and ranches, so you’ll work with people who bring extensive firsthand knowledge to your business. Our professionals are nationally known for their insight and analysis of agricultural issues, and frequently provide training to other agricultural professionals and CPAs. With more than 100 dedicated professionals serving the agribusiness industry, we have the resources of a large firm, but still treat you like a neighbor.
Services for family ranchers and cattle producers
- Affordable Care Act reporting and compliance
- Audit and assurance, including financial statement preparation
- Business valuation and buy-sell consulting
- Depreciation for equipment and livestock
- Estate and financial planning
- Farm and ranch restructuring, entity selection
- Information security
- Like-kind exchange (Section 1031) feasibility consultation
- Recordkeeping and bookkeeping
- Research and experimentation (R&D) tax credit
- Speakers for trainings and educational seminars
- Strategic tax planning and compliance
- USDA programs and Farm Service Agency compliance assistance
- Utility studies to claim sales and use tax exemptions
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.