CLA can help you understand the impact of this monumental ruling, respond to new sales tax collection obligations, and outline steps to navigate this complicated landscape.
What's on your mind?
- Understanding your sales tax reach post-Wayfair
- Knowing the minimum sales thresholds in the states you do business with
- Determining which transactions are subject to tax
- Sorting through state rules and their varying enforcement dates and tax rates
- Registering with tax authorities and managing ongoing sales tax compliance
- Mitigating past exposure
- Updating internal processes to document exemptions or get compliance ready
Experience our client-focused approach
The U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Quill means “remote sellers” may have economic nexus and be required to collect and remit sales tax, even if they have no physical presence in the state.
You don’t have to scramble to learn the emerging sales tax rules of all 50 states. CLA’s state and local tax professionals are immersed in the Wayfair conversation, so we understand the complex tax laws in each state and jurisdiction where your company does business. We have deep experience in industries like yours and can evaluate your multistate sales to assess your tax reach, analyze your readiness, and evaluate your exposure.
Post-Wayfair sales tax nexus assessment services
- Historical nexus study to establish your overall state nexus profile
- Risk mitigation of prior exposure, including voluntary disclosure agreements
- Economic nexus and use tax notification analysis
- Audit and appeals assistance
- Sales and use tax refund (reverse sales tax audit)
- Sales tax compliance outsourcing
- Review the taxability of your revenue streams to determine if economic nexus applies and to help evaluate any past exposure
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 12/7/2023Real Property Appeals 101 for McDonald’s Franchisees
Article 12/6/20235 Year-End Tax Planning Strategies Investors May Benefit From
Article 11/29/20235 Tax Strategies Businesses Should Consider Before Year End 2023
Article 11/14/2023IRS Answers ERC Questions On OSHA Guidelines
Media coverage 11/1/2023Tax Planning Strategies for Construction Companies
Media coverage 10/27/2023Are There Abuses in Government Farm Payments?
EventsSee All Events
Webinar 1/16/2024IRA Credits and Grants Available to State and Local Governments
Event 12/13/2023Preparing Your Dealership for Year End