Your constituents need effective and efficient governmental services.
Analyze and address financial, operational, and regulatory issues so you can focus on serving your citizens.
What’s on your mind?
- Providing accurate and meaningful financial information to stakeholders, decision makers, and your constituents
- Maintaining quality and quantity of services in an ever-changing society
- Responding to regulatory pressures and complexities
- Identifying ways to operate more effectively and efficiently
- Planning and restructuring to accommodate changing citizen needs
- Transparency and accountability
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA has been working with government agencies for over 60 years and is a leader in the state and local government industry. Our team of 600 professionals brings specialized skills and direct experience with providing assurance and consulting services to states and state agencies. We understand that all aspects of your operations are important — not just the information needed for your year-end audit.
In addition to providing financial and compliance audit services, we guide state governments and agencies through legislative changes, funding challenges, compliance responsibilities, and risk management duties, while developing a personal connection with our clients and their needs. You’re more than just a number to us. Our CPAs and consultants are devoted to the industry and stay in touch with you throughout the year so we can meet challenges as they arise.
Services for states and state agencies
Financial audit and related services:
- Statewide financial statements
- Financial statement audits of state agencies or funds
- Compilation of statewide comprehensive annual financial reports (CAFRs) or agency or fund financial statements
- Performance audits of state agencies or specific programs or functions
- Fraud and enterprise risk management
- Policy and procedure development and implementation
- Implementation assistance for complex Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) statements
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) training
Compliance audit and related services:
- Statewide single audits
- Single audit of state agencies
- Program-specific compliance audits
- Grant compliance services
- Subrecipient monitoring services
- Compliance audits and agreed-upon procedures (HUD, Uniform Grant Guidance)
- Compliance and Uniform Guidance (UG) training
Information technology services: