Regulations impacting your health care transactions are complex.
CLA’s health care valuation professionals understand the regulations and can determine the fair market value of health care businesses, joint ventures, compensation arrangements, payments among providers, and other financial transactions.
What’s on your mind?
- Navigating the complex regulatory environment
- The Stark law (physician self-referral for designated health services)
- The Medicare/Medicaid Anti-Kickback statute
- Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 4958 (intermediate sanctions)
- Financial accounting standards (ASC 805 and ASC 350)
- Physician retention and recruitment
- Joint ventures
- New business models like Dental Service Organizations (DSO) and Medical Service Organizations (MSO)
Create opportunities with CLA
We understand the health care industry, and through site visits, interviews, analysis, and research, we will gain an in-depth understanding of your health care business. We make certain that we fully understand your needs before we begin.
Our health care appraisers perform valuations for regulatory, transactional, accounting purposes, and assist a variety of providers including: hospitals, health systems, physicians, dentists, senior living, home care and hospice, diagnostic imaging, ambulatory surgery, radiation therapy, dialysis, and rehabilitation therapy providers.
Our professionals hold certifications and accreditations from the American Society of Appraisers, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the CFA Institute, and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
Health Care Valuation Services
- Joint ventures
- Management planning
- Noncompete agreements
- Patient and referral relationships
- Intangible assets
- Purchase-price allocations
- Call coverage
Joint ventures and provider relationships
- Block time
- Professional services agreements (PSAs)
- Management agreements
- Transfer pricing among health care providers
- Hospital-based physician stipends
- Valuation of ownership interests