CLA’s health care valuation professionals understand the regulations and can determine the fair market value of health care businesses, joint ventures, compensation arrangements, payments among providers, and other financial transactions.
What’s on your mind?
- Navigating the complex regulatory environment
- The Stark law (physician self-referral for designated health services)
- The Medicare/Medicaid Anti-Kickback statute
- Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 4958 (intermediate sanctions)
- Financial accounting standards (ASC 805 and ASC 350)
- Physician retention and recruitment
- Joint ventures
- New business models like Dental Service Organizations (DSO) and Medical Service Organizations (MSO)
Create opportunities with CLA
We understand the health care industry, and through site visits, interviews, analysis, and research, we will gain an in-depth understanding of your health care business. We make certain that we fully understand your needs before we begin.
Our health care appraisers perform valuations for regulatory, transactional, accounting purposes, and assist a variety of providers including: hospitals, health systems, physicians, dentists, senior living, home care and hospice, diagnostic imaging, ambulatory surgery, radiation therapy, dialysis, and rehabilitation therapy providers.
Our professionals hold certifications and accreditations from the American Society of Appraisers, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the CFA Institute, and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
Health Care Valuation Services
- Joint ventures
- Management planning
- Noncompete agreements
- Patient and referral relationships
- Intangible assets
- Purchase-price allocations
- Call coverage
Joint ventures and provider relationships
- Block time
- Professional services agreements (PSAs)
- Management agreements
- Transfer pricing among health care providers
- Hospital-based physician stipends
- Valuation of ownership interests
InsightsSee All Insights
Media coverage 6/6/2023CLA Supports Health Care Startups Through Medical Alley Initiative
Media coverage 6/1/2023The Power of Data in Health Care
Blog 5/30/2023New Money Available for HUD-Assisted Multifamily Housing
Blog 5/24/2023Impacts on Health Care With a Debt Ceiling Breach?
Article 5/17/20232024 Medicare Inpatient, Long-Term Care Hospital Rule
EventsSee All Events
Event 8/15/2023 – 8/17/2023Resident Assessment Coordinator Certified (RAC-CT) Certification Workshop