Living and working in a foreign country creates challenges and opportunities for optimizing your international tax liability.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding eligibility for foreign earned income exclusion
- Identifying deductions related to overseas work
- Ensuring income is declared in the appropriate country
- Avoiding double taxation
A unique approach
The United States taxes citizens and residents on worldwide income, regardless of the country where it was earned. Americans living in other countries often must file taxes in multiple countries. CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) tax professionals can help you navigate multifaceted international tax matters. Fluent in many languages, our CPAs, consultants, and advisors have global experience solving the complex tax and financial challenges facing expatriates.
Expatriate consulting services
- Calculate if you qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion
- Analyze eligibility for the Foreign Tax Credit
- Conduct foreign bank account report (FBAR) filing
- Calculate foreign exchange impact
- Minimize dual taxation
- Navigate specific regulations and filing requirements for U.S. states
InsightsSee All Insights
Media coverage 3/7/2023CLA Global Names New Global Marketing Director
Media coverage 2/8/2023CLA Global Makes List of Top 25 International Accounting Networks
Article 1/27/2023Why Is U.S. Entity Classification of Foreign Subsidiaries Important?
Media coverage 1/26/2023CLA Global Names New Head of Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region
Case Study 1/20/2023Case Study: Global Retailer Saves $2 Million in Taxes and Gains Efficiency
EventsSee All Events
Event 5/1/2023 – 5/4/2023SelectUSA Investment Summit 2023
Event 4/19/2023Women in International Trade Roundtable