CLA can help you quantify the existence, nature, and scope of a cybersecurity incident, and help you get back to business and understand your risks as they pertain to data privacy regulations.
What’s on your mind?
- Determining the depth and breadth of an cybersecurity breach
- Developing a successful cybersecurity strategy
- Implementing response procedures to identify, assess, and properly address threats
- Recovering from an incident and ensuring remediation procedures are successful
- Quantifying impacted information to facilitate proper notification
- Responding to payment fraud and corporate account takeover
Experience our client-focused approach
Our team of cybersecurity incident responders consists of cybersecurity professionals and investigators backed by former regulators and fraud investigators. They will respond with technical expertise to help you identify the nature and scope of an attack and provide swift resolution. When applicable, we work closely with your cyber insurance carrier and breach coach to verify that our response supports carrier requirements and potential legal needs.
Our diverse experience includes investigations of business email compromise, ransomware, network intrusions, virus/malware infections, and financial fraud. We also have experience investigating rogue internal employees and theft of intellectual property with our computer forensics and forensic accounting services.
We approach each incident in a way that preserves electronic evidence so it will withstand scrutiny in a potential future litigation proceeding. Our team members have been designated as expert witnesses in the field of computer forensics and cybersecurity and have testified in data breach and privacy matters. They hold numerous credentials, including CCSE, CEH, CFE, CIA, CICA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CITP, CPA, CPT, CRISC, CRMA, FCSP, GCFA, GCIH, ITIL, MCNE, MCP, MCSE-Security, OSCP, OSWP, and PCI-QSA.
Cybersecurity incident services
- Log file preservation and analysis
- Threat hunting and data analytics tools deployment
- Network traffic examination
- Computer system forensic imaging and examination
- Analysis of log files, memory dumps, and forensic images
- When possible, determine:
- Whether confidential data was exposed or removed from organization systems
- Which confidential records were exposed or removed
- Patterns of unauthorized activity or behavior
- Root causes of data exposure
- Information system security configuration review
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Ransomware preparedness assessment