Each phase of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan process has brought new internal and external challenges. As the timeline for accepting “Round 2” PPP loan forgiveness applications approaches, lenders are re-evaluating their options.
CLA can help your institution navigate the process and calculations related to loan forgiveness, even as you face the likelihood of more unknowns, rapidly changing guidance, and resource strains.
What’s on your mind?
Most lenders are facing common challenges arising during the forgiveness stage of the PPP.
Ready to learn more or get a quote for your financial institution?
- Delivering strong technical knowledge of forgiveness rules and understanding lender responsibilities
- Providing adequately trained resources to review borrower forgiveness applications
- Helping borrowers improve their financial position by take full advantage of forgivable loan amounts while protecting your hold harmless provisions
- Establishing and maintaining effective processes and procedures to transmit accurate applications to the SBA and meet document retention requirements
Learn more about PPP loan forgiveness solutions for lenders.
- Complex rules that cross a wide range of business structures
- Rapidly changing forms and guidance]
- Internal resource constraints, staff fatigue, navigating “one-off” situations, and opportunity cost of redirecting lending staff
- Bridging the communication gap with small business borrowers
- Finding technology options that facilitate accurate applications and provide a seamless process for transmission and record retention
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA’s experienced team can help you navigate the intricacies of PPP calculations and enhance both project management and your customers’ experience. We have processed round one loan forgiveness applications for numerous lenders across the country.
"CLA helped us increase efficiency and consistency throughout the PPP process, allowing our team members to focus on all our customers’ needs, including traditional SBA program loans. They provided additional value throughout the process as rules changed mid-process, and our team needed to understand how those changes would affect our customers."
Julie Cripe, Bank OZK
President-Government Guaranteed Lending Division
CLA’s proprietary programs and technology tools are designed to help you:
- Facilitate the borrower’s completion of accurate forgiveness applications and required support documents through a user-friendly and secure web-based portal
- Outsource the lender responsibility for reviewing loan forgiveness applications for reasonableness of calculations and adequacy of supporting documentation to valuable trained resources
- Enhance your management oversight and liquidity estimates by providing an executive dashboard to track and measure workflow related to forgiveness of PPP loans
CLA’s valuable PPP-trained resources can lift the burden of executing loan forgiveness off of the shoulders of your lending staff.
PPP loan forgiveness — our seamless approach for lenders
We use technology to provide a positive customer experience, enhance quality, and improve the consistency and accuracy of borrower forgiveness applications. In turn, our clients can experience the ease of successful transmission of approved applications to the SBA.
- Web-based portal for completion of applications and transmission of supporting documents
- API for transmission of approved applications
- Direct communication with borrower through portal messaging
Processes and resources
- Pre-populated borrower information on applications
- Initial and QC application and supporting document reviews by PPP-trained professional staff
- Experienced PPP team members respond to technical issues and program changes
Project oversight and value-adds
- Executive dashboard facilitates project management oversight and workflow execution
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 4/18/2022The Important of a Risk Based Audit Plan
Article 3/31/2022Shaping Strategic and Operational Direction in a Post-Pandemic Era
Blog 3/30/2022Sunset on the LIBOR Index