Susan is the Managing Principal of the firm's Financial Institutions Group. Susan is based in CLA's Charlotte, North Carolina office and joined CLA in 2020 with over 20 years of financial services experience. She began her career auditing financial institutions before moving into the financial services industry at small community banks and Fortune 500 companies. Susan has served in a variety of industry roles including Controller, Chief Accounting Officer and Business Unit CFO.
Susan has significant experience leading multiple complex efforts with a respect for internal and external deadlines while maintaining a high-level of communication.
- Auditing and consulting experience in the financial institutions industry serving community institutions.
- Accounting / Finance leadership in more than a dozen mergers over the past ten years including investment analysis, regulatory reporting and financial and operational integration.
- Well-versed in SEC and bank regulatory reporting requirements and compliance.
- Deep understanding of numerous accounting standards including Receivables (ASC 310), Intangibles (ASC 350), Compensation (ASC 718) and Business Combinations (ASC 805).
- Experience implementing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and FDICIA.
- Knowledgeable in the area of policy and procedure review and recommendation.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in the state of North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
Resources and events
News release 9/26/2022CLA Named the Top Audit Firm for Credit Unions for the Ninth Year in a Row
Event 9/12/2022 – 9/13/2022Bank Board Training Forum
Article 3/31/2022Shaping Strategic and Operational Direction in a Post-Pandemic Era
Article 1/14/2022Banking Regulators Advise on Reviewing Potential Fintech Vendors
Webinar 11/23/2021IT Webinar Series: Considerations for Financial Institutions
Event 11/16/20212021 Ethics for Financial Institutions
Event 9/13/2021 – 9/14/2021Bank Director Bank Board Training Forum
Event 8/23/2021 – 8/25/2021Virginia Bankers Association CFO & Lending/Credit Conference
Article 11/13/2020COVID-19 Loan Modifications: Accommodations or Troubled Debt Restructuring?
Article 9/17/2020New COVID-19 Safety and Soundness Standards for Financial Institutions