Susan is a CPA with more than 20 years of combined experience in public accounting and the financial institution industry, including experience with Fortune 500 financial services companies. Susan serves as the managing principal of CLA’s financial services group. Her responsibilities include providing engagement oversight in the areas of assurance and internal audit. In addition, Susan provides board advisory and management consulting services in the areas of strategic planning and mergers and acquisitions. Susan has been involved in multiple mergers and acquisitions of sizes ranging from $150 million to $500 billion with engagement at all stages of the process.
Susan has significant experience leading multiple complex efforts with a respect for internal and external deadlines while maintaining a high-level of communication.
- Consulting experience in the financial institutions industry serving community institutions.
- Accounting / finance leadership in more than a dozen mergers over the past 10 years including investment analysis, regulatory reporting and financial and operational integration.
- Well-versed in SEC and bank regulatory reporting requirements and compliance.
- Experience implementing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and FDICIA.
- Knowledgeable in the area of policy and procedure review and recommendation.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in the state of North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
Resources and events
Event 3/14/2024 – 3/17/2024ICBA LIVE
Event 1/28/2024 – 1/30/2024AOBA 2024: Exploring Your Growth Options
Event 5/9/2023 – 5/10/2023Bank Director: Experience FinXTech
Media coverage 4/28/2023CLA’s Susan Sabo Contributes to Discussion on Bank Technology Investments
News release 3/23/2023CLA Teams Up with KlariVis on Enterprise Data Initiative for Community Banks
Event 1/29/2023 – 1/31/2023Acquire or Be Acquired (AOBA) Conference
News release 9/26/2022CLA Named the Top Audit Firm for Credit Unions for the Ninth Year in a Row
Event 9/12/2022 – 9/13/2022Bank Board Training Forum
Article 1/14/2022Banking Regulators Advise on Reviewing Potential Fintech Vendors
Article 11/13/2020COVID-19 Loan Modifications: Accommodations or Troubled Debt Restructuring?