CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) understands the risks you face as well as your reporting responsibilities. We help clients develop strategies to comply with complex regulations.
What’s on your mind?
- Business succession planning and the feasibility of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Educating owners about the advantages and disadvantages of implementing an ESOP as a succession plan
- Increased financial statement disclosures and complex reporting
- Increased scrutiny from regulators and lending entities
- The costs and complexities of administering an ESOP
- Fiduciary responsibilities in selecting and monitoring ESOP activities and providers
- Internal controls and financial reporting for ESOP activities
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA has been providing employee benefit plan services, including ESOP consulting, compliance, and reporting assistance for more than 60 years. We have dedicated professionals that understand employee stock ownership plans and reporting for both the plan sponsor and the plan participants. We currently provide consulting, compliance, and reporting services for more than 200 ESOP clients nationwide.
Our services go beyond providing traditional assurance and tax offerings. We take a deep look at your operations and providers in order to understand the risks your organization faces. We examine internal controls, suggest recommended practices, and communicate our insights to help you mitigate your exposure.
We are a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. Our professionals are also members of The ESOP Association and National Center of Employee Ownership (NCEO).
- ESOP feasibility studies and business succession plans
- Assurance, tax, and consulting services to ESOP companies
- Consultation on stock warrants, phantom stock, and stock appreciation rights
- ERISA audits, including plans with 11-K filings
- Assessments of internal controls and service providers
- Preparation and review of Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA
- Retirement plan design and consulting
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 1/5/2023Fine Tune Your Employee Benefit Plan
Article 3/24/2022When Do You Need a 401(k) Audit?
Article 12/1/2021Changes Coming to Your ERISA Employee Benefit Plan Audit
News release 11/1/2021CLA Advances Record Number of Professionals in Their Inspired Careers
Article 6/14/2021Why Do the IRS and DOL Care About Your 401(k) Fees?