Together we’ll create opportunities
Every project has its own set of challenges, which means each project demands a customized approach. Our professionals can provide a broad spectrum of services across a variety of affordable housing entities to help you uncover opportunities.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Understanding changing regulations
- Compliance issues for audit, tax, Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC), and cost certifications
- Navigating financing opportunities
- Tax credit application assistance
- Identifying regulatory and compliance issues that threaten tax credit and housing and urban development (HUD) project eligibility
- Planning for tax credit year 15 exits at project inception
Experience our client-focused approach
Affordable housing offers numerous financing opportunities through HUD, tax credits, and tax-exempt financing to enrich and support local communities. While these projects benefit current and future affordable housing developments, they must comply with various reporting and regulatory obligations — which means you must navigate them carefully. Mistakes in any project phase can lead to costly financial consequences or disqualification from future programs. We help you avoid those potential errors by blending industry experience with a wide range of resources.
We support public housing authorities, state housing credit agencies, and operators, sponsors, and developers of HUD and low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) projects. We start our process by understanding your vision. During pre-application and pre-development, we can assist in determining a project’s feasibility by providing financial projections. From there, we work with you to identify opportunities and mitigate challenges from development and construction through occupancy, then support your regulatory compliance process through annual financial statement audits, tax compliance, and on-going education as changes occur.
Affordable housing services
- Annual REAC submission and agreed upon procedures (AUP) reporting
- Application preparation and support
- Capital markets (private placement agent)
- Cost certification and carryover allocation reporting
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Feasibility analysis and financial projections
- Federal tax programs (Opportunity Zones, New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC), Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit (HTC), etc.)
- Financial statement audits
- Sustainability and ESG
- Tax planning and return preparation
- Regulatory compliance education and training
- Tax credit year 15 exit strategies and planning
- Transaction analysis and due diligence
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 12/20/2021Proposed Build Back Better Plan Could Open Doors for Affordable Housing
Media coverage 12/17/2021Moves to Make Now to Cut This Year’s Tax Bill
Article 7/27/2021Cybersecurity Compliance — Are You Accidentally Breaking the Law?
Video 5/11/2021The Seamless Experience
Article 3/10/2021Watch for Tax Scams and Identify Theft During a Pandemic Tax Season