Chris Kessler is a Principal with CLA's State and Local Government services team. Chris has over 15 years of experience working with state and local governments throughout the country, including states, municipalities, counties, and state-wide municipal pension plans.
Because of Chris's extensive background in serving governments around the country, he is well known throughout the firm for providing his clients with innovative solutions to the financial, operational and regulatory challenges that governmental entities face daily.
Chris has authored numerous articles and speaks frequently on topics designed to assist and inform government finance officers of the emerging topics affecting their operations and to advise solutions to the challenges that may result.
- Bachelor of science in accounting from University of South Carolina
- Bachelor of science in finance from University of South Carolina
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Florida, South Carolina, Maryland, Vermont
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association (FGFOA)
Resources and events
Event 5/18/2022 – 5/19/20222022 Florida Government Training Academy
Webinar 10/29/2020Audit Implications from COVID-19 for Florida Governments
Webinar 7/24/2020Florida State and Local Government Web Series Kickoff