Stephen graduated from Missouri State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He continued his education at Missouri State University earning his Masters in Business Administration. Stephen is a Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Missouri.
Stephen Taylor is a Principal within the health care group at CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) and serves as the leader of CLA’s Privately Held and Investor Owned Senior Living practice. Stephen’s primary focus is creating enterprise value for skilled nursing and senior living stakeholders.
Stephen has fourteen years of experience in public accounting with a specialized focus in serving and advising skilled nursing and senior living operators, owners and investors in strategic, financial and operational matters. Through deep industry insight, aligned with the strength of CLA’s extensive resources and solution capabilities; Stephen is passionate about creating opportunities to increase stakeholder value, expand industry advocacy, and helping clients thrive in a competitive health care climate. Stephen is also a frequent speaker with associations and has made contributions to a number of industry publications.
- Financial Statement Auditing
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Benchmarking and data analytics
- Risk-Based Payment Advisory (Institutional Special Needs Plan Advisory)
- Strategic Planning
- Capital Allocation
- Financial Modeling
- Reimbursement and Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports
Recent Speaking Engagements
- June 2021 - Family Office West: Investing in an Aging Population: Active Adult, Senior Housing and Healthcare
- May 2021 - BofA Securities - Healthcare REITs & Operator Conference - Insights into Skilled Nursing Facilities
- September 2020 – Owning the Outcomes: Understanding the Intersection of Quality, Financial and Operational Performance, and survey results
- September 2020 – Finding the Opportunities Together
- February 2020 – SNFs Taking Risks: Is an I-SNP the right option for You?
- September 2019 – Owning the Outcomes: Understanding the Intersection of Quality, Financial and Operational Performance, and survey results
- August 2019 – Is Creating a Medicare SNP Strategy Right for You? - Reimbursement and Financial Considerations of a SNP
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
American Health Care Association (AHCA)
Missouri Health Care Association (MHCA)
Missouri Society CPA