Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
Starting October 1, 2019, the Patient-Driven Payment Model will take effect. Learn more about the new reimbursement process and prepare your skilled nursing facility (SNF) for implementation.
CLA can help you implement PDPM by calculating your facility’s reimbursement rates under the new model, and assessing your minimum data set (MDS) and ICD-10 coding to identify areas for improvement.
What’s on your mind?
- Navigating the transition to PDPM and developing a holistic approach
- Making sure you’re accurately reimbursed under PDPM
- Identifying what needs to change in your minimum data set (MDS) assessment process
- Changing therapy contracts and delivery of therapy in your facility
- Determining if you have the appropriate clinical and business office resources to succeed under PDPM
- Calculating your Medicare prospective payment system (PPS) rate under PDPM
Create opportunities with CLA
CLA’s senior living professionals have experience working directly with MDS assessments, ICD-10 coding, therapy, and overall PDPM coordination in SNFs. By performing an on-site operational pre-assessment in your facility, we can identify where you may be missing billing and coding reimbursement opportunities.
From there, we can train your clinical and coding staff to accurately capture and document the services provided to your facility’s residents. Following our on-site review, CLA’s PDPM calculator can compare your pre-assessment rates to each resident’s potential or post-assessment rate to help keep implementation on track.
PDPM services for SNFs
- CLA Clarity: SNF data analytics and consulting
- Education sessions for associations and providers
- Finance department assessment
- ICD-10 coding training
- MDS assessment training
- Operational pre-assessment
- Organization-specific financial modeling
- PDPM resident-specific reimbursement calculator
- Therapy contract negotiation support