Gretchen is the Managing Principal of CLA’s Tampa and St. Petersburg offices. She is responsible for overseeing CLA’s presence in the Tampa Bay area and its 150 team members that are located in the area.
Gretchen’s practice area is multistate income/franchise and sales/use tax consulting for a diverse client base. Gretchen has spent significant time working with companies as they integrate newly acquired businesses into their structure and undertake domestic and international restructuring. Gretchen joined CliftonLarsonAllen in 2016. Prior to joining the Firm, she spent 13 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Tampa, Florida and Detroit, Michigan.
- Masters of Science in Accounting from Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Certified Public Accountant in the states of Florida and Michigan
In the community
- Board Treasurer, Friends of the Children - Tampa Bay Chapter
- Board Member, Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Institute of CPAs - former State Tax Committee member, Editorial subcomittee chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Resources and events
Article 12/16/2020IRS Issues Guidance on SALT Cap Workarounds
Media coverage 10/5/2020CLA Discusses the CARES Act with Fellow Nexia Firm Member, Ebner Stolz
Media coverage 7/17/2020Strange Tax Day: CLA’s Whalen Weighs in With the Tampa Bay Business Journal
Article 7/8/2020State Tax Considerations for Global Companies
Media coverage 4/1/2019Whalen Writes About the Effect of Wayfair for Florida Businesses