John LaQua is a BizOps Outsourcing CFO and Controller in CLA's Minneapolis location. With over 40 years of finance and accounting experience including Big Four accounting firm and Fortune 500 company experience, he joined CLA in 1999. In addition, he is part of the BizOps Authorized Signer Industry Pool, and is the National Lead for the Real Estate Pool.
John works closely with clients to assess financial controls, review and develop organizational structures, implement accounting policies and procedures, develop long-range models and financial plans, perform audit readiness work, and provide CFO and Controller consulting services that include strategic planning, financial reporting, cash management, developing and tracking key business metrics, staff management, bank relations, insurance renewal negotiations, due diligence, tax return prep, and software system support and implementations.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in the state of Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor
- United Cerebral Palsy of Minnesota, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- Junior Achievement, Past Project Business Consultant
- University of North Dakota Foundation, Past Class Chair, Annual Sustaining Drive
- Saint Philip the Deacon, Past Trust Board Member and Treasurer