Alan advises privately held businesses and their owners, nonprofit organizations, trusts and estates, and high net-worth individuals and their families on strategic tax planning, general financial planning, tax advisory, and compliance. Alan’s experience includes corporate and individual taxation, probate accounting and administration, business planning and advisory, tax representation and defense matters, and tax planning in contemplation of marriage or divorce.
Alan has been qualified as an expert witness on tax matters in divorce engagements by the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, and he provides representation before the IRS and state taxing authorities for clients who are delinquent in their tax return filings and payments.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from Boston University
- Master of Science in Taxation, Distinction from Bentley University
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Hearts and Noses Hospital Clown Troupe, Vice Chairman and Clerk, Board of Directors, Past Treasurer
- Temple Beth Shalom, V.P. of Finance/Treasurer, Board of Directors, Past Finance Committee, Assistant Treasurer
Resources and events
Article 10/26/20215 Things to Discuss With Your Tax Advisor Before Year-End