Ajay Gupta provides assurance and financial advisory services to large health care systems and managed care organizations. He has significant experience in technical accounting and financial reporting matters, including revenue recognition, lease accounting, public debt financings, business combination and joint ventures. Ajay advises his clients' boards of directors on matters of strategic importance including board governance, regulatory and compliance issues, affiliations and divestitures. Ajay also serves on the firm's national Diversity and Inclusion Council.
Prior to joining CliftonLarsonAllen, Ajay was a partner at Ernst & Young for 21 years, where he served a number of the firm's large clients in the health care and managed care industries. He was the executive sponsor of the Minneapolis office's Professional Women's and Ethnic Diversity Networks. He also co-chaired the National Disabilities Steering Committee of the firm, which was ranked #1 by Diversity, Inc.
- MBA (magna cum laude) in Marketing, Finance and Management Strategy from Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University – J Lester Cunningham Award, Jane Robertson Memorial Award; GPA 4.0
- MA and BA (honors) in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from Cambridge University, England
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Minnesota, certified in Illinois
In the community
- Minnesota Private Colleges Council, Board Member
- World Savvy, Board Member
- Children's HeartLink, Board Member, Board Treasurer, Audit and Finance Committee Chair
- Oberlin College, Parent Executive Committee Member
- The Blake School, Board Trustee, Audit Committee Chair, Facilities Planning Committee Chair
- Minnesota Youth Symphonies, Board Vice Chair
- MacPhail Center for Music, Board Member, Board Treasurer, Audit and Finance Committee Chair
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants, Board Member