Jake has nearly 10 years of experience providing tax planning and consulting services for closely held businesses in the real estate and construction industries. His clients include building contractors, multi-family developers and operators, commercial real estate companies, land developers, and residential home builders.
Jake has extensive experience in taxation issues concerning the real estate life cycle including the use of partnerships and LLCs, construction and developer issues, and alternative capitalization structures. He also helps clients identify tax efficient exit techniques such as 1031 like-kind exchanges and Opportunity Zone investments.
Jake is a member of the firm's real estate team and serves as the Wisconsin real estate leader.
- Business and individual tax planning and compliance
- Real estate industry investment strategies
- 1031 like-kind structure and planning
- Entity transaction structure
- Cost segregation and depreciation management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Master of Science in Management in Professional Accounting from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in the State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Resources and events
Webinar 4/12/2023When to Consider a Section 1031 Exchange