- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Susan is a principal in the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office and joined CliftonLarsonAllen in 2020 with over 20 years of financial services experience. She began her career auditing financial institutions before moving into the financial services industry at small community banks and Fortune 500 companies. Susan has served in a variety of industry roles including Controller, Chief Accounting Officer and Business Unit CFO.
Susan has significant experience leading multiple complex efforts with a respect for internal and external deadlines while maintaining a high-level of communication.
- Auditing and consulting experience in the financial institutions industry serving community institutions.
- Accounting / Finance leadership in more than a dozen mergers over the past ten years including investment analysis, regulatory reporting and financial and operational integration.
- Well-versed in SEC and bank regulatory reporting requirements and compliance.
- Deep understanding of numerous accounting standards including Receivables (ASC 310), Intangibles (ASC 350), Compensation (ASC 718) and Business Combinations (ASC 805).
- Experience implementing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and FDICIA.
- Knowledgeable in the area of policy and procedure review and recommendation.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant in the state of North Carolina
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants