Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Marketing, University of Arizona
CPA in the State of California
Carey is a CPA and trusted advisor with 15 years of experience providing accounting, assurance, tax, and consulting services to real estate industry owners, operators, family offices, developers and syndicators. Carey has a proven track record of helping clients build and retain capital by leveraging tax- and cost-saving strategies and employing tax credits and incentives.
He also consults with high net worth individuals, large family groups, and owners of closely-held businesses on all aspects of tax planning, estate planning, and retirement planning.
Carey is a member of CLA’s real estate leadership team and hosts a monthly real estate growth network call with approximately 40 growth network leaders in 20 - 25 offices/markets across the firm.
Carey is also an active Board Member of the Affordable Housing Management Association – Pacific Southwest (AHMA-PSW), a non-profit organization that represents management agents and owners of over 80,000 housing units in Arizona, Nevada, and Southern California. Carey is currently serving as the Secretary / Treasurer and previously served as the Director of the Los Angeles Seminar and Director of Associate Membership.
Through Carey’s work experience and continued involvement in AHMA-PSW, he has developed deep industry knowledge and has cultivated strong relationships throughout the real estate and affordable housing communities.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Urban Land Institute
- Secretary / Treasurer
- Director of Associates (2018 - 2019)
- Director of Los Angeles Seminar (2015 - 2018)
- Urban Land Institute's Opportunity Zone Panel (June 2019)
- AHMA-PSW's 42nd Annual Conference & Expo, Tax Reform (May 2019)
- AHMA-PSW's 41st Annual Seminar & Trade Show, Budgeting and Forecasting (2018)
- AHMA-PSW's 37th Annual Seminar & Trade Show, Fraud in the Workplace (2014)
- Bisnow's Multifamily Annual Conference: Development Dynamics: SoCal Leaders Shaping the Region's Multifamily Market, Moderator (July 2019)
- Bisnow's Los Angeles State of the Market: State of Los Angeles Supply, Moderator (May 2019)
- Bisnow's Greater Los Angeles Multifamily: Finance, Investment & Affordable Acquisitions, Moderator (February 2019)