Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Marketing, University of Arizona
CPA in the State of California
Carey is a CPA and trusted advisor with almost 16 years of experience providing accounting, assurance, tax, and consulting services to real estate industry owners, operators, family offices, developers and syndicators. He has a proven track record of helping clients build and retain capital by leveraging tax- and cost-saving strategies and employing tax credits and incentives.
Carey also consults with high net worth individuals, large family groups, and owners of closely-held businesses on all aspects of tax planning, estate planning, and retirement planning.
Beginning in January, Carey will be the Managing Principal of the Real Estate Industry.
Carey is also an active Board Member of the Affordable Housing Management Association - Pacific Southwest (AHMA-PSW), a non-profit organization that represents management agents and owners of over 80,000 housing units in Arizona, Nevada, and Southern California. Carey is currently serving as the Secretary / Treasurer and previously served as the Director of the Los Angeles Seminar and Director of Associate Membership.
Through Carey's work experience and continued involvement in AHMA-PSW, he has developed deep industry knowledge and has cultivated strong relationships throughout the real estate and affordable housing communities.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Urban Land Institute
- Secretary / Treasurer
- Director of Associates (2018 - 2019)
- Director of Los Angeles Seminar (2015 - 2018)
- Urban Land Institute's Opportunity Zone Panel (June 2019)
- AHMA-PSW's 42nd Annual Conference & Expo, Tax Reform (May 2019)
- AHMA-PSW's 41st Annual Seminar & Trade Show, Budgeting and Forecasting (2018)
- AHMA-PSW's 37th Annual Seminar & Trade Show, Fraud in the Workplace (2014)
- Bisnow's Multifamily Annual Conference: Development Dynamics: SoCal Leaders Shaping the Region's Multifamily Market, Moderator (July 2019)
- Bisnow's Los Angeles State of the Market: State of Los Angeles Supply, Moderator (May 2019)
- Bisnow's Greater Los Angeles Multifamily: Finance, Investment & Affordable Acquisitions, Moderator (February 2019)